What you’ll learn
- over 60 written exercises (pdf format) accompanying videos to put into practice studied theory
- key legal collocations & prepositions
- Fundamental legal vocabulary & terminology in key areas of law
- practical skills such as email drafting and negotiating
- practice your listening and comprehension skills
Do you find yourself stuck when reading a legal text in Englishdue to the language used? Are you confused or feel lost when listening to native English speakers discuss a certain legal issue or topic due to the complexity of the terminology?
This course is intended for anyone either studying law or working in some capacity in the field of law (and particularly for non-native English speakers). It introduces students (or provides a good review for those already with some knowledge) to key vocabulary, concepts, collocations and prepositions in some of the most important areas of law. It can also be a good introduction to the world of law for those with no legal background whatsoever (whether native or non-native English speakers).
By the end of the course, you should have the basics of the language in each of the areas of law covered to be able to understand and communicate with others smoothly and accurately.
Each lesson is divided into 4 parts as follows: i) a video that introduces the student to the fundamental language in the field of law studied; ii) a video script for those who want to see all the contents in writing with key terminology highlighted in bold; iii) a series of questions that check the understanding of the contents of the video; iv) a “workbook” with practical exercises that make it necessary to use the fundamental concepts introduced through the video and finally v) answer key (found towards the end of the course).
Some of the key areas of law covered include: Contracts; Business and Company; Property (both Intellectual and Real Estate); Legal Procedure (Civil and Criminal) and Litigation, among others. The course also includes several sessions on development of practical professional skills (in legal setting) such as email writing and negotiating.
A final exam testing understanding of all areas of law covered is provided at the end of the course.
Section 1: Commercial Law I:
* Contract Law: Intro to the language of Contracts; Contractual Remedies; legal referencing words & understanding clauses
Section 2: Commercial Law II:
* Business formation & restructuring and Property Law: Intro to the language of Business and Company Law; Mergers & Acquisitions; Property law: Real Estate and Intellectual Property (IP)
Section 3: Most essential Non-Commercial Law:
* Intro to the language of Tort law (Civil Responsibility), Criminal Law and Litigation (Court process)
Section 4: Practical legal & professional skills:
* Legal and professional writing and speaking: Linking (or connecting) words; email writing & meetings/negotiating
Final Exam and Answer Key (to all exercises included in the course) is found at the end of the course.
Who this course is for:
- Law Students
- Business Students
- Legal Professionals
- University and College students
How to Get this course FREE?
Get a 100% Discount On Udemy Paid Courses by clicking on the Apply Here Button. This Course coupon code is automatically added to the Apply Here Button.
Apply this Coupon: EA9DF8CB654C55CA083E (For 100% Discount)
Note: The udemy Courses Will be free for a Maximum of 1000 Learners can use the promo code AND Get this course 100% Free. After that, you will get this course at a discounted price. (Still, It’s a good deal for you to get this course at a discounted price).
External links may contain affiliate links, meaning we get a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Read our disclosure.