Essential Git Quickstart for Beginners
- Ideally some knowledge of working with Linux or Mac shell (not essential)
- A background in development or software engineering
About this Course.
This course is designed for people who want to cut out the computer science and complex concepts behind Git and quickly learn the essential commands and Git features needed to start using Git today. With explanations designed to ease you into understanding the important concepts of Git without overwhelming you with the under-the-hood specifics.
This course uses very few slide presentations and focuses on short lectures with practical onscreen demos that you can follow along to.
- Install and Configure Git
- Create your First Git Repository
- Add Files to Git
- Modify and Delete Files within a Repo
- Understand the Concepts of The Git Timeline
- Work with Git Branches
- Dealing with Merge Conflicts
- Understand and use Tags
- Create a Basic Git Server using SSH
- Work with Git Remote Repositories
If you want a quick and practical introduction to Git, this is the course for you.
Who this course is for:
- Users new to Git who need to get up to speed quickly with the basics
- Developers looking to use Git in their project workflows