Financial Accounting – Closing Process
- Basic understanding of accounting concepts and debits and credits.
NASBA CPE accredited course
National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA)
NASBA CPE credits: 11.0
Recommended NASBA field of study: Accounting
Program level: Basic
To earn NASBA CPE credits:
- Complete all videos
- Score 70% or higher on final exam
Glossary: Find PDF attached to the first lecture of this course.
Completion to obtain CPE should be accomplished a year after purchase date.
If you undertake this course for NASBA CPE credits, please complete the Self Study Course Evaluation.
The financial accounting closing process is the final step in the accounting cycle. We will learn why the closing process in needed and be able to perform the closing process multiple ways.
In addition to instructional video, this course will include downloadable
• Downloadable PDF Files
• Excel Practice Files
• Multiple Choice Practice Questions
• Short Calculation Practice Questions
• Discussion Questions
The PDF files allow us to download reference information we can use offline and as a guide to help us work through the material.
Excel practice files will be preformatted so that we can focus on the adjusting process and learning some of the basics of Excel, like addition, subtraction, and cell relationships.
Multiple choice example question helps us improve our test-taking skills by reducing the information into the size and format of multiple choice questions and discussing how to approach these questions.
Short calculation questions help us reduce problems that have some calculation down to a short format that could be used in multiple choice questions.
Discussion Question will provide an opportunity to discuss these topics with the instructor and other students, a process many students find very helpful because it allows us to see the topic from different viewpoints.
Who will we be learning from?
You will be learning from somebody who has technical experience in accounting concepts and in accounting software like QuickBooks, as well as experience teaching and putting together curriculum.
You will be learning from somebody who is a:
• CPA – Certified Public Accountant
• CGMA – Chartered Global Management Accountant
• Master of Science in Taxation
• CPS – Certifies Post-Secondary Instructor
• Curriculum Development Export
As a practicing CPA the instructor has worked with many technical accounting issues and helped work through them and discuss them with clients of all levels.
As a CPS and professor, the instructor has taught many accounting classes and worked with many students in the fields of accounting, business, and business applications.
The instructor also has a lot of experience designing courses and learning how students learn best and how to help students achieve their objectives. Experience designing technical courses has also benefit in being able to design a course in a logical fashion and deal with problems related to technical topics and the use of software like QuickBooks Pro.
The topic will be the financial accounting closing process.
As indicated by the title, the closing process takes place at the end of the accounting cycle. The main event of the accounting cycle is the financial statements. Once we have completed the financial statements we need to get ready for the next accounting period, get ready with the closing process.
The closing process will zero out temporary accounts including income statement accounts of revenue and expenses and the draws or dividends account.
We can perform the closing process multiple ways. We will consider the closing process from three perspectives. Each perspective has pros and cons and the repetition of each method as well as performing the closing process from multiple angles will provide a solid understanding of the concepts.
Understanding the closing process helps understand the concept of temporary accounts and permanent accounts, which helps us understand the relationship of the financial statements and how to read them.
Please join us for Financial Accounting, Adjusting Entries & Financial Statements.
It will be great.
CPE Continuing Professional Education
1. List the components of the accounting cycle and identify where the closing process fits into it.
2. Explain the objectives of the closing process.
3. Describe the impact of the closing process on the balance sheet.
4. Discuss the impact of the closing process on the income statement.
5. Define temporary and permanent accounts.
6. List temporary and permanent accounts.
7. Explain how the closing process impacts temporary and permanent accounts.
8. Define a post-closing trial balance.
9. List the differences between a post-closing trial balance and an adjusted trial balance.
10. Explain how the closing process can be done in one step.
11. List the steps of a two-step closing process and explain how each step is done.
12. List the steps of a four-step closing process and explain how each step is done.
For more information regarding administrative policies, please contact our support using the Help and Support link at the bottom of this page.
Who this course is for:
- Accounting students
- Business owner
- Anyone who whats to learn accounting
Get a 100% Discount On Udemy Paid Courses by clicking on the Enroll Now Button. This Course coupon code is automatically added to the Enroll Now Button.
For Latest Free Courses & Internships, Checkout these Post:
Note: Udemy Courses Coupon will be Expired within 24 Hours & Maximum of 1000 Learners can use the promo code. After that coupon code will expire.
External links may contain affiliate links, meaning we get a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Read our disclosure.