What you’ll learn
- Create beautiful custom maps and creatures for your game.
- Show enlarged preview when hovering over a card or creature.
- Enable card rotation and redesign custom cards.
- Mark your player’s playable cards and attackable creatures this turn with auras around their borders.
- 2 different ways to draw cards in the trading card game: simply drag cards to areas of the battlefield to play them, or drag them to specific targets to cast spells or attack with creatures.
- Display a gimmick of aiming arrows and target symbols when attacking with creatures or casting spells.
- Create customizable layouts for your player’s hands and table. We do not use predefined card slots. All creatures and cards remain centered at all times.
- Create a Hearthsone-style mana pool with 10 mana crystals. Players start the game with 0 Mana and gain 1 Mana Crystal at the start of each turn.
- Make framed character portraits and rounded character power buttons.
- Create a flaming string that measures the time remaining until the end of the loop.
- Create variable thickness decks. The more cards in your deck, the thicker it will look.
- Separate visual and logical part of your game (aka server – game client).
- Build a simple system to manage, edit and create new cards, creatures or character classes.
- Manage moves in a trading card game.
- Set the most basic game mechanics to play creatures and attack enemy creatures or enemy heroes.
- Create special effects for your character’s spells and powers.
This course includes:
- 7.5 hours on-demand video
- 1 article
- 11 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of completion
- Apply Coupon
This course provides a complete guide to the trading card game menu. In the video lectures, we only cover the process of creating menus, exploring collections, building decks, unpacking, etc. But part of the combat mechanics is also included in the Unity project provided in the course. So you can play the game with cards you made yourself or even use the app as the basis for your own trading card game.
The material in this course is divided into 5 parts. Part 1 provides a brief introduction to the course.
Since the Unity project we developed in this course can be treated as an extension of a course we previously ran on card game battle mechanics, in part 2 we will summarize the techniques we used in the two card save courses within the project. You will learn about ScriptableObjects and ScriptableObject assets and how you can use them to store maps in your project. We’ll take a look at the very useful CardCollection.cs script used in the project to filter the cards in our collection and retrieve specific subsets of cards that meet certain criteria. In the last lecture of Part 2, we’ll do some UI work in Unity and lay out the general layout of our scene menu.
Section 3 is dedicated only to buying and unlocking booster card packs. It makes sense to do the unpacking part of the map early in the course, as this is the most interesting part of the project and at the same time the most isolated from the rest of the code. We will create a separate screen for the store/package opening area and examine all possible scripts for purchasing and unpacking cards. We will cover advanced topics such as: drag and drop codes for unopened packs, using DOTween to automate the movement of unopened packs and cards we get from packs, displaying hover effects, creating cards of a certain rarity based on a special chance ratio. At the end of this section we will have a fully functional open package screen for this project.
In Part 4, we started building the Collections screen – the most complex menu screen of any trading card game. Our goal for this section is to start the game and see the cards arranged in a grid on the collection screen, be able to use the paging button and switch pages in the collection to be able to use any custom filters (mana , keyword , affiliation with one of the character classes) to filtering card collections and showing specific subsets of our collection.
How to Get this course FREE?
Get a 100% Discount On Udemy Paid Courses by clicking on the Apply Here Button. This Course coupon code is automatically added to the Apply Here Button.
Note: The udemy Courses Will be free for a Maximum of 1000 Learners can use the promo code AND Get this course 100% Free. After that, you will get this course at a discounted price. (Still, It’s a good deal for you to get this course at a discounted price).
External links may contain affiliate links, meaning we get a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Read our disclosure.