Mastering Coroutines in Unity
- You should be familiar with C# and the Unity Game Development Engine.
- Mac or PC with Unity 3d 2019.1 or later installed
- You will need to be able to read and write simple programs
The course begins with a basic explanation of coroutines and why they are so useful.
Then you’ll learn the difference between normal c# methods, update method and coroutine.
Following on, we will start to build our UI animation system driven by coroutines.
Our UI Animation will include some advanced techniques like:
- how to pause and resume the coroutine
- how to check if coroutine is running
- how to delay coroutine
- how to get a callback from the coroutine
- how to start multiple coroutines all at once
- how to write custom yield instruction
Later when our system is finished we will export it as Unity package so we will be able to use it in our next projects.
Our first project where we will use our UI Animation system will be simple animated game Menu. Which will show us the flexibility of our system. The second biggest project will be a complete idle clicker game, full of interactive animations. The interesting fact will be that the game is created very effective without any update method.
In the end, we will learn how to create State machines with the help of coroutines and also one very cool way how to optimize slow methods.
Why learn from me?
I created this course to share my passion for making games and help others to simplify their work.
I am trying to find effective and fast methods to solve problems, so I hope you will find some of my systems and tips and tricks useful also for you.
What you’ll learn
- What are coroutines and what they are good for
- Create UI Animation System
- Callbacks from coroutines
- Trigger Actions When Property is changed
- Program Simple Game Without the need of Using Update Method
- Optimize slow methods with coroutines
- Write custom yield instructions
- Create simple state machines with coroutines
Are there any course requirements or prerequisites?
- Mac or PC.
- You will need to download and install Unity 19.1 or later
- You should be familiar with C# and the Unity Game Development Engine
Who this course is for:
- Intermediate Unity developers with a basic working knowledge of C# scripting
- Anyone keen to find out how coroutines in Unity works
- Those wanting to create UI animation system, state machines, and learn how to optimize slow methods.
Get a 100% Discount On Udemy Paid Courses by clicking on the Enroll Now Button. This Course coupon code is automatically added to the Enroll Now Button.
Note: Udemy Courses Coupon will be Expired within 24 Hours & Maximum of 1000 Learners can use the promo code. After that coupon code will expire.
External links may contain affiliate links, meaning we get a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Read our disclosure.