What you’ll learn
- The definition of a not for profit organization
- The difference between a governmental not for profit and nongovernmental not for profit. Our primary focus is on nongovernmental not for profits. However we will discuss accounting for governmental health care and colleges
- How to set up a not for profit organization
- Regulations, taxation, and performance issues related to not for profit organizations
- Learn how to record accounting transactions related to not for profit organizations with example problems and step by step demonstrations that include a trial balance
- Accounting for colleges and universities, both governmental and nongovernmental. We will also discuss for profit colleges
- Learn accounting related to health care organizations, both governmental and nongovernmental not for profit
This course includes:
- 19 hours on-demand video
- 63 downloadable resources
- Access on mobile and TV
- Full lifetime access
- Certificate of completion
Not for Profit Accounting-Charities, Colleges, & Health Care will cover accounting principles related to not for profit organizations.
Our concentration will be on nongovernmental not-for-profit organizations. However, we will discuss the differences between nongovernmental not for profit organization and governmental not-for-profit organizations. We will also discuss accounting concepts for both governmental and nongovernmental organizations related to health care and colleges.
The course will start by introducing what a not for profit organization is. We will discuss regulation, taxation, and performance issues related to the not for profit organization. As we discuss accounting for not for profit organization, we will make comparisons to for profit organizations, concentrating most of our time on the areas where accounting concepts differ between the two.
Next, we will get into the details of accounting for not for profit organizations, discussing generally accepted accounting principles and the recording of transactions.
We will then take a look at example problems, recoding transactions related to a not for profit organization. We will work through example problems in a presentation format. We will then provide Excel worksheets and step by step instructional videos for learners to apply what they have learned. The Excel worksheets will include two tabs, one with the completed answer, and a second with preformatted worksheets. Learners can enter data into the preformatted worksheets in a step by step process following instructional videos.
Next, we will discuss colleges and universities in detail. We compare and contrast governmental not-for-profit colleges and universities as well as nongovernmental not-for-profit colleges. We will also discuss for-profit colleges.
The course will present example problems in a presentation format and will then provide Excel worksheet and instructional videos so that learners can apply what they have learned.
Next, we will discuss health care organizations in detail. We will consider both governmental health care organizations and nongovernmental health care organizations. The course will present example problems and will then provide practice Excel worksheet and step by step instructional videos so learners can apply what they have learned.
How to Get this course FREE?
Get a 100% Discount On Udemy Paid Courses by clicking on the Apply Here Button. This Course coupon code is automatically added to the Apply Here Button.
Note: The udemy Courses Will be free for a Maximum of 1000 Learners can use the promo code AND Get this course 100% Free. After that, you will get this course at a discounted price. (Still, It’s a good deal for you to get this course at a discounted price).
External links may contain affiliate links, meaning we get a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Read our disclosure.