PEP8 Guidelines: Python Clean Coding
- Basic understanding of any programming language
- Prior Python experience is not required
- Desire to learn PEP 8 guidelines and write Clean Code
The Complete PEP8 Professional Python Coding Course covers the PEP 8 document that provides guidelines and best practices on how to write Python code. The primary focus of PEP 8 is to improve the readability and consistency of Python code.
PEP 8 exists to improve the readability of Python code. But why is readability so important? Why is writing readable code one of the guiding principles of the Python language?
As Guido van Rossum said, “Code is read much more often than it is written.” You may spend a few minutes, or a whole day, writing a piece of code to process user authentication. Once you’ve written it, you’re never going to write it again. But you’ll definitely have to read it again. That piece of code might remain part of a project you’re working on. Every time you go back to that file, you’ll have to remember what that code does and why you wrote it, so readability matters.
If you’re new to Python, it can be difficult to remember what a piece of code does a few days, or weeks, after you wrote it. If you follow PEP 8, you can be sure that you’ve named your variables well. You’ll know that you’ve added enough whitespace so it’s easier to follow logical steps in your code. You’ll also have commented your code well. All this will mean your code is more readable and easier to come back to. As a beginner, following the rules of PEP 8 can make learning Python a much more pleasant task.
Following PEP 8 is particularly important if you’re looking for a development job. Writing clear, readable code shows professionalism. It’ll tell an employer that you understand how to structure your code well.
If you have more experience writing Python code, then you may need to collaborate with others. Writing readable code here is crucial. Other people, who may have never met you or seen your coding style before, will have to read and understand your code. Having guidelines that you follow and recognize will make it easier for others to read your code.
By the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
- Write Python code that conforms to PEP 8
- Understand the reasoning behind the guidelines laid out in PEP 8
- Set up your development environment so that you can start writing PEP 8 compliant Python code
- Follow the correct naming conventions for packages, modules, objects, classes variables and more.
- Implement the appropriate whitespacing between Python code components
- Develop full scale professional Python projects
Who this course is for:
- Software Engineers that wish to improve their coding efficiency
- Computer Science students that want to code professionally
- Anyone with a desire to learn Python and PEP8
Get a 100% Discount On Udemy Paid Courses by clicking on the Enroll Now Button. This Course coupon code is automatically added to the Enroll Now Button.
Note: Udemy Courses Coupon will be Expired within 24 Hours & Maximum of 1000 Learners can use the promo code. After that coupon code will expire.
External links may contain affiliate links, meaning we get a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Read our disclosure.