Deploy, Configure, and Scale a Production Virtual Web Server on Linode or Digital Ocean. Install LAMP Stack + More
What you’ll learn
- Deploy a Production Web Server using Linode or Digital Ocean
- Configure LAMP Stack on Ubuntu
- Navigate the Linode and Digital Ocean Interface
- Execute commands to a Virtual Server using PuTTY for Windows or Terminal for MAC
- Administer Basic Maintenance Commands to a Ubuntu Server
- Configure Host Name, Date, and New Users on a Ubuntu Server
- Configure Web Root Permissions for Apache
- Install and Configure TightVNC or RealVNC for Remote Server Administration using a Visual Desktop
- Scale, Backup, and Configure DNS Zone Files on Linode and Digital Ocean
This course includes:
- 8 hours of video on demand
- Full lifetime access
- Access to cell phones and TV
- Completion Certificate
- Basic Computer Skills
This course provides an in-depth, hands-on overview of setting up and configuring a production web server using Linode or Digital Ocean. Virtual cloud servers have become the industry standard for hosting web applications of any size and complexity. These range from small static web pages to database driven dynamic websites that handle thousands of concurrent processes. Regardless of the project, virtual servers provide solutions that provide web developers with a scalable infrastructure that easily adapts to changing environments.
The course starts with an overview of the Linode registration process. From there, students can quickly proceed with deploying and configuring a server running the latest Ubuntu LTS distribution. Students will become familiar with Linode’s administration interface and begin executing basic commands via a web-based remote access console. We then examine remote access management using more advanced tools such as PuTTY for Windows and Terminal for MAC.
Students install and configure a LAMP stack (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PhpMyAdmin) on an Ubuntu server. We show students how to secure servers using SSH authentication, directory permissions, and disabling root access.
This course covers Remote Visual Desktop configuration with TightVNC and RealVNC.
Now that students understand Linode’s server configuration, let’s take a look at another major cloud service provider – Digital Ocean. This part of the course provides an overview of the Digital Ocean admin panel, where participants will deploy and configure droplets. We will explore some of the unique features that Digital Ocean has to offer such as: B. Floating IP addresses and disk space.
Students will learn to back up, scale, and configure DNS zone files at both cloud hosting providers.
Who this course is for:
- Students interested in hosting Web Applications of all Sizes and Complexity
- Students interested in hosting with Digital Ocean or Linode
- Students interested in building Dynamic, Scalable, Hosting Infrastructures
- Students interested in Learning how to Secure a Virtual Web Server using SSH Authentication
- Students interested in Learning how to access a Ubuntu Virtual Server Remotely and Administer Commands
- Students interested in learning Basic Ubuntu commands
- Students interested in learning how to administer a server using Terminal for MAC, or PuTTY for Windows
Free Udemy Course Instructors
6+ Million Enrollments, 70k+ Reviews. Register Today.
- 4.3 Instructor Rating
- 70,942 Reviews
- 1,536,489 Students
- 50 Courses
How to Get this course FREE?
Get a 100% Discount On Udemy Paid Courses by clicking on the Apply Here Button. This Course coupon code is automatically added to the Apply Here Button.
Note: The udemy Courses Will be free for a Maximum of 1000 Learners can use the promo code AND Get this course 100% Free. After that, you will get this course at a discounted price. (Still, It’s a good deal for you to get this course at a discounted price).
External links may contain affiliate links, meaning we get a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Read our disclosure.