IIT Kanpur announces 8-week Free online course Classical Mechanics – 1 by Prof. H.C. Verma. The course will start on January 21, 2021.
This course will be offered in English and will be free of cost.
Three lectures will be released every week, generally one on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. The lectures can be viewed at any time during the course duration. Three to Four multiple-choice quizzes will be held for evaluation.
Check out Microsoft Offers Free Online Courses By Microsoft Learn
- Newton’s formulation of Classical Mechanics, Other formulations
- Inertial and Non inertial frames
- Dynamics of a single particle, Linear momentum, Angular momentum, Torque, Work and energy.
- Introduction to motion of a particle under central forces.
- Dynamics of system of particles, two particle collision in one and two dimensions, Description in Center of Mass frame.
- Degree of freedom for a rigid body, General motion as translation of a point and rotation about that point. Angular velocity of the body.
- Rotation with a fixed axis, Components of torque and angular momentum
- Rotation with one point fixed.
- Moment of Inertia Tensor, Principal Axes, Euler Equations.
- Body fixed, Space fixed and mixed frames.
B.Sc., and M.Sc., students, Physics Teachers teaching at UG, PG level, People interested in Physics/Math’s background.
Participants will be given certificates from the Centre for Continuing Education (CCE), IIT Kanpur, depending on the performance.
Check out this GitHub Student Program 2021
How to Enroll
To Enrol in a course:
You need to login or register before enrolling to a course
If you are a new user, please click here to register
If you are already registered, click here to login.
Check out this COURSERA Offer 3800+ Free Courses With Certificate
If you have forgotten your username or password, please click here to reset it.
i) Select the course you wish to join.
ii) Click on ENROLL button to enroll. That’s it, you are enrolled now!