Hello learners! Here’s a great opportunity for all the students to grab a free online International certification course from ISRO. ISRO has recently announced a free course on “Geospatial Applications for Disaster Risk Management” for all the learners.
For better clarity regarding this course, check the following details.
Also read: IIT Goa Free Courses 2021 | Free IIT Goa Certificate | Free IIT Courses for Students
MOOC Course Description
ISRO has collaborated with The United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs and the Centre for Space Science and Technology Education in Asia Pacific to offer free international certification Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) on “Geospatial Applications for Disaster Risk Management – Phase II”.
This MOOC is a free and flexible online training program available to everyone who wants to enhance their capabilities related to the use of geospatial and Earth observation technologies in disaster risk management.
Topics to be Covered
- Overview of disaster risk management (DRM) and the relevance of geospatial
- Earth observation and disaster management
- Earth Observation and geospatial intelligence for disaster management
- EO system and Hydrometeorological disasters
- EO system and geological disasters
- EO system and environmental disasters
Opportunities for participants attending the MOOC
- Access to experiences of experts from institutions and practitioners around the world involved directly in DRR.
- Insight into international frameworks related to disaster management, sustainable development, and climate change from organizations such as the United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs (UNOOSA), and mechanisms like the International Charter “Space and Major Disasters”.
- Unleash the potential of open datasets and tools needed for disaster risk management.
Each Module ends with a Self Assessment. The completion of the Self
Assessment allows participants to access other modules.
Government officials and professionals, educators, university students, and other stakeholders working in the field of disaster management are advised to attend these MOOCs courses.
Undergraduate and postgraduate students of any stream are eligible to apply.
The last date to register for this amazing course is 15-November-2021.
There’s no such course fee. This course is completely free of cost.
Yes, there would be a free verified certificate by “ISRO, United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs, and the Centre for Space Science and Technology Education in the Asia Pacific” to all the candidates, if they candidates complete the module.
Also read: Internshala September Internship Jackpot | Stipend up to ₹2.1 lac | 20000+ Virtual Internships
How to apply?
For official notification by ISRO: Click Here
To apply for this amazing course: Click Here