As a college student, you are likely well aware of the importance of having strong language skills. Whether you are studying business, finance, or another related field, the ability to communicate effectively in English is a critical skill that can significantly impact your future success. Here are a few reasons why improving your business English should be a priority for college students:
Also Read: 2 Free Microsoft Certified Courses| 100% Free Exam Vouchers| Get $100 Azure’s Student Credit| Limited Seats
- Better job prospects Having strong business English skills makes you a more competitive candidate for job opportunities, both in your home country and abroad. Being able to communicate effectively with clients, customers, and colleagues can help you stand out from other candidates and increase your chances of landing the job you want.
- Improved academic performance In many business-related courses, assignments, and exams may require you to communicate ideas and concepts in writing, making clear and practical writing skills essential. Improving your business English can help you communicate more effectively in coursework, leading to better grades and more robust academic performance.
- Improved confidence Having strong business English skills can also help you feel more confident in professional situations. Whether you are giving a presentation, participating in a group project, or networking with industry professionals, having the ability to communicate effectively can help you feel more self-assured and better equipped to succeed.
Here are five of the best free online courses to improve your business English:
1. Business English: Basics
This course aims to improve your business English skills by developing your vocabulary and reading skills, as well as your understanding of tone, style, and knowledge of communication methods. We will also explore how these language skills can enhance audience analysis, business case analysis, and basic business communication strategies. The skills learned in this course are often used and required to complete the Speaking, Writing, and Cross-Cultural Communication courses in this specialization.
2. Business English: Management and Leadership
Are you a CEO or manager using English in your career? Then you know that good business communication in English requires a certain focus, vocabulary, and language structure. In this course, you will follow a newly promoted manager as he builds his team and leads it to success. Together you will practice the language and communication style necessary for English
• Recruit and train a team of professionals to work together with integrity and respect
• Lead and participate in well-organized meetings
• Make conference calls more efficient
• Write professional emails that are easy to read
The activities in this course give you the opportunity to share your experiences and get instant feedback from other businesses around the world.
3. Lesson | Business English Skills: Introducing Yourself in Business Settings
This lesson is part of the full course, Business English Networking. Join this tutorial for a quick guide to the learning objectives covered. To learn more about this topic, take the entire course.
At the end of this lesson you will be able to:
- Introduce yourself by providing your name, position, company, and city
- Define jobs, companies, and locations of new acquaintances
4. Business English Communication Skills Specialization
This specialization is designed to teach you to communicate effectively in English in a professional context. You will expand your English vocabulary, improve your ability to write and speak English in social and professional interactions, and learn terminology and skills to apply to business negotiations, telephone conversations, written and email reports, and professional presentations.
5. Business English: Networking
The course starts with a welcome message and an overview of the specialization. After this introduction, you will be asked to take a skills test to determine if this course is right for you.
During the course, you will learn vocabulary and habits related to socializing and networking in English. Its purpose is to enable you to communicate in a professional manner with business contacts in person, by phone, and by email.
Course learning objectives
• Determine if the goals of the specialization align with your learning goals
• Assess your current level of business communication in English
• Submitting relevant information about yourself to discussion forums
• Develop your networking skills
• Write short emails with the correct format
• Recognize and create formal and informal language in emails
• Develop vocabulary related to work and business
6. English for Running a Successful Business
This course will teach you the challenges of entrepreneurship, the importance of sales professionals in any business, and how to read numbers and graphs in sales reports through reading and watching videos. You will also learn how important project management and sustainability are for companies today. You will also learn the correct use of modal and phrasal verbs and how to ask for clarification clearly. Your professional communication skills will improve by incorporating this lesson into your English. This will help you use English more effectively in your business.
Also Read: Top 5 Free Online Courses For Data Scientists by GOOGLE Digital Unlocked | Free Certificate Includes
7. Business English: Planning & Negotiating
This course is all about organizing events and finding the right venue for them. You will learn the language and strategies for successful negotiations, culminating in a written announcement of the event.
Course learning objectives
• Negotiate strategically in both formal and informal situations
• Identify and solve customer problems after negotiation
• Evaluate and compare the services and features of the two sites
• Plan business events with negotiation skills
• Write an announcement for a business event after selecting a location