It’s summer and students often are free as the college semester has just ended. Students often look for summer internships during such times. So to help all our student community MeitY (Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology) has some amazing news. Recently, they announced Digital India Internship Scheme NIC 2022. It’s a Summer Internship program for students who want to learn skills like AI, Machine Learning, etc.
To know more about the scheme stay hooked on our post for complete information.
About Digital India Internship Scheme NIC 2022
An internship is an opportunity for a student to secure first-hand and practical work experience under the guidance of a qualified and experienced Supervisor/Mentor. It also aims at active participation in the learning process through experimentation and putting into practice the knowledge acquired in the classrooms.
Areas of Internship
The areas of Internship are as follows:-
- Blockchain Technology
- AI and Machine Learning
- Micro Services
- Data Analytics
- eService Delivery
- Cloud Automation
- Text Analytics and Ontology
- Chat Bot
- Software Documentation
- Software Development
- IoT and AI
- Indian students from recognized universities in India who have secured at least 60% marks in the last held degree or certificate examination and pursuing B.E/ B.Tech, M.E/ M.Tech/ MCA, MSc (Electronics)/ MSc(CS)/ MSc(IT), DoEACC ‘B’ level shall be eligible.
- Possessing minimum qualifications as above shall not guarantee an internship in NIC. Candidates having exposure in the area of intended internship with good academic background and having higher qualifications, based on need shall be given preference.
Note:- The students who are in the last semester or who will pass out in the summer of 2022 will not be eligible for the internship.
Duration of Internship
- The minimum duration of the internship shall be of two months, extendable up to three months, depending on the performance of the candidate, the requirement of NIC, and the time the Intern is willing to spend with NIC.
- The detailed schedule of various activities is indicated in Annexure. The summer internship will start on 1st June 2020.
Location of Internship
The internship will be offered at NIC, Headquarters, New Delhi, and NIC State Centres.
Stipend and Internship Certificate
Yes, you will get a stipend of Rs. 10,000/ per month based on your performance. At the end of the internship, you will also get the certificate for the same.
How to Apply for the Digital India Internship Scheme NIC 2022?
- Interested and eligible students need to apply online ONLY on the Web Portal of NIC for the Internship Scheme (URL: http://www.nic.in).
- Students need to get Recommendation Letter forwarded by the institution to the Letter Head of the Institute.
- Students need to upload certificates of completed degrees and the last result available.
- The student will be required to submit a write-up not less than 100 words and not more than 250 words under the subject `Statement of Purpose’ bringing out the purpose/benefits of the scheme.
- Students have to select a maximum of two choices of interest.
- The student will be asked to submit a self-declaration for the conversion formula of CGPA into percentage with attestation from their educational institution
Official Notification link – CLICK HERE
MeitY Notification Link – CLICK HERE