About IIT Kanpur
Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur(IIT Kanpur) is a 5th ranked public technical university located in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh, India owned by govt of India which is established in 1959.
Tables of contents
- About IIT Kanpur
- Eligibility Criteria
- About the opportunity of IIT Kanpur
- Preferred Qualification for algorithm development
- Preferred Qualification for embedded code development
- Benefits of this opportunity
- How to apply
About the opportunity of IIT Kanpur
A great opportunity for researchers as IIT Kanpur launches a project Project Scientist Under MeitY Funded Project.
Project scientist applications are being invited for four positions. These posts are just temporary and will last until July 29, 2024.
To encourage Indian academics and industries to contribute to the 5G+/6G standards, the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) has funded the Next Generation Wireless Research and Standardization on 5G and Beyond initiative.
The project’s purpose is to produce IPRs and subsequently contribute those IPRs to the 5G+/6G standards. All of the actions in this project are aimed at producing IPRs that will lead to patents, devising algorithms that will make up the product design, and implementing IPRs that will help with the development of 5G+/6G telecom products.
- Minimum Qualification: Ph.D. in Electronics/Communication Engineering or M.Ss in Electronics/Communication Engineering having 3 years experience.
- Excellent wireless communication experience.
- Knowledge of communication theory, modulation methods, receiver design, and MIMO techniques is essential.
- MATLAB and C programming experience in the design and simulation of communication systems
Preferred Qualification for algorithm development
- 4G/5G standards knowledge.
- PHY layer algorithm development experience, especially in MATLAB/C.
- Understanding of various wireless technologies such as massive MIMO, mmWave, non-orthogonal multiple access (NOMA), unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs)
Preferred Qualification for embedded code development
- Testing and integration of analog and digital circuit boards
- FPGA implementation of 5G+/6G physical layer algorithms
- Algorithm testing in real-time on the 5G testbed.
- Hardware interactions with embedded design
- Develop 5G PHY layer physical layer algorithms.
- Execute system-level simulations to analyze the performance of the 5G standard at the system level.
- Use current system simulators and improve them with new technology.
Benefits of this opportunity
- The salary range for this post is 26400-2200-66000.
- A great opportunity to develop a project under the guidance of IIT Kanpur.
- A great opportunity as this project is funded by The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology.
How to apply?
Kindly send your resume to the email address below before May 15th, 2022. Please [include the title of the post in the email subject line] in order to apply for the available posts.
Mail id: rohitbr[at]iitk.ac.in
For official notification Click here