The Indian Space Research Organisation, located in Bengaluru, is India’s national space agency. It is governed by the Prime Minister of India through the Department of Space, and the Chairman of ISRO also serves as the executive of DOS which is founded by Dr.Vikram Sarabhai(father of rockets in India).
Tables of content
- About ISRO
- About ISRO’s 3 New Free Certification Courses
- Course Content
- How to Pre-Register for the ISRO’s Free Online Planetary Exploration of the Moon and Mars workshop
- Benefits of Workshop
About ISRO’s 3 New Free Certification Courses
ISRO launches the following 3 courses:-
- One Day Online Workshop on Planetary Exploration of the Moon and Mars: Findings from Indian Remote Sensing Missions which will be held on May 20, 2022. Several intriguing facts about the surface characteristics of the Moon and Mars have been discovered through planetary research. Remote sensing during the last few decades, along with recent breakthroughs in data analysis tools, has greatly aided our present knowledge of the physical and chemical processes occurring on the planet’s surface. This online workshop will focus on remote research of the Moon and Mars via various scientific satellite missions and discussions of key discoveries, particularly from Indian efforts.
- One Day Workshop on Status, Challenges, and Opportunities for Geospatial Technology Applications in Irrigation Water Management will be held on May 17, 2022. This workshop aims to offer an overview of geospatial technology applications for several areas of IWM. The key objective of this workshop is to raise knowledge about the usefulness and abilities of geospatial technology in the field of irrigation, as well as its application in irrigation project planning and monitoring, prediction of irrigation water requirements, and project performance evaluation.
- SPACE TECHNOLOGY & ITS APPLICATIONS will be held from 23 May 2022 to 28 May 2022. The main motive of this course is to give Knowledge of space technology and its applications, as well as capacity building.
- Planetary Exploration Introduction
- The Moon’s Remote Sensing
- Techniques and Discoveries in Lunar Mineralogy
- New information on Mars’ most recent incident of possible water flow
- Remote sensing using microwaves, with a focus on Indian lunar missions
- The situation of India’s irrigation system and the issues it faces
- Command area mapping- ISRO’s initiatives
- Geospatial technology of estimation of irrigation water management
- Role of IoT and geospatial technology in the irrigation sector- a way forward
- Space Technology & Indian Space Programme
- Satellite communication & navigation technology and its applications;
- Satellite Meteorology and Weather applications;
- Planetary Science;
- Astronomy and Space Science;
- Satellite-based Earth observations & Remote Sensing Technology; and
- Remote Sensing Applications in Governance
How to Pre-Register for the ISRO’s Free Online Planetary Exploration of the Moon and Mars workshop
Interested skill enhancers can first visit the educate registration page and then complete the processes below:
- To register, candidates must provide their full name, email address, and password.
- Applicants must activate their accounts by clicking the link provided in their email.
- The application will be accessible for selection to the institute(if you are pursuing any degree please ensure to apply through Registration Through IIRS Nodal Center mode and otherwise select ), course coordinator or director after the account is activated and the email is configured.
- Applicants will receive a registration number as a web page display and an email message after successfully submitting an application.
- After receiving a registration number by mail, contact the IIRS faculty coordinator of your institute and ask him to approve your application before 2-3 days of the workshop if you applied through IIRS Nodal Center mode.
- All confirmed participants will get an email with their IIRS e-class platform access credentials.
- Applicants whose application status is “Not Approved” will be recognized as Learners and will be able to view the sessions live on YouTube.
- Those interested in registering should go to the official website for further information.
Benefits of Workshop
- Based on their attendance(minimum 70% required)during the course, participants will receive a Certificate of Participation.
- This is a fantastic opportunity because we will be taught by top ISRO faculty during this workshop.
Any group or individual interested can apply to this workshop.