About the Internship Program
Aryabhatta Research Institute of observational sciencES (ARIES) desires to engage students pursuing/recently passed the Bachelor’s in Engineering/Technology or Master’s degree in Science or Engineering from the recognized University/Institution within India, as Interns under CSIP.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- The selected Interns will mainly be engaged in the Software Development and data management tasks that are useful to the Institute.
- They have to apply computer, technical, analytic, communication, problem-solving and/or critical thinking skills in their works at ARIES.
- These young talents shall be given exposure to the R&D facilities (Astronomy, Astrophysics, Atmospheric Sciences, and Engineering) of the Institute.
- They will also be provided access to various short-term online courses on open-source software’s like C, C++, Java, Python, Python Django, Python Flask, R, Drupal, PHP/MySQL, Linux, BASH, Scilab, and many more.
Presently available projects for Interns:
- Software Development
- Data Archival and Management
- Big Data
- Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence/Deep Learning
- High-Performance Computing
- Information Retrieval and Visualization
- Data Center Management
- Architecture & Systems
- Knowledge and Data Representation, Distillation and Sharing, Database Crawling, etc.
Qualifications needed :
- Under-graduate Engineering students, having completed/appeared in the 6th semester of the BE or B.Tech
- Engineering graduates waiting for admission for higher studies/completed or pursuing Master’s/Post Graduate/research programme.
- Master’s degree in Science and/ or Engineering (M.Sc./M.Tech/MCA)
Good to have skills:
- Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills (Python/Java/C++/C#)
- Sound knowledge on UNIX or Linux platform
- Understanding of Algorithms, Data Structures, Object-Oriented Design, Databases, Clusters, Parallel programming.
- Knowledge of embedded processors, with in-depth knowledge of real time operating system concepts
- Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases.
- Experience in optimization mathematics (linear programming, nonlinear optimization)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-based environment
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Previous Internship(s) experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
|Duration:||Between 20weeks and 6months|
|Stipend:||₹10,000 per month without accommodation, otherwise ₹5,000 per month with Hostel|
|Logistics & Support:||Interns will be required to have their own Laptops. ARIES shall provide them working space, access to the high-end servers, Internet facility and other necessities as deemed fit by the concerned Project Heads/In-charges.|
How to apply ?
Interested applicants can apply here.
Last Date to apply:
31 December 2020.
- Screened candidates will be called for an online Interview
- Selection will be based on the performance in the Interview.
- The selected candidate will have to produce original mark sheets and other relevant documents at the time of joining.