Google has launched a new scholarship renowned Venkat Panchapakesan Scholarships for Indian students for their higher studies. This scholarship for university students who:
- Aspire to be computer scientists and technology leaders
- Exemplify leadership skills and a demonstrated passion for computer science and technology
- Communicates their responses and message with thought and clarity
- Have a great financial need
Venkat was a much loved and highly respected engineer whose career took him to YouTube, Google, and Yahoo, among other notable companies. He tragically passed away too young, after a battle with cancer. During his short time he deeply touched the hearts and minds of his friends, family and colleagues. He taught us to be selfless, humble, ever-optimistic and to always find the best in people.
Terms & Conditions for the scholarship
- Scholarship recipients will be selected based on the overall strength of their application materials compared to the entire applicant pool.
- The selection will be full and final, and the applicants will confirm they will not dispute the same at any point of time.
- The Venkat Panchapakesan Memorial Scholarship award of $2,500 USD must be spent on tuition, fees, books, supplies and equipment required for the students’ classes at their primary university.
- Tax liability, if any, in relation to this scholarship award will have to be borne by the scholarship recipient.
- Scholarship recipients must be enrolled as full-time students for the academic years 2022-2023. Enrollment will be verified after the winners are selected, and all scholarship payments will be made directly to the student to be used towards tuition and education related expenses.
- We will withhold the award for any scholar who no longer meets the eligibility requirements and revoke the award for any scholar who does not maintain the eligibility requirements.
- Any employee of Google Inc. including its affiliates and subsidiaries are not eligible to apply for Google scholarships.
- Persons who are (1) residents of embargoed countries, (2) ordinarily resident in embargoed countries, or (3) otherwise prohibited by applicable export controls and sanctions programs may not apply for this scholarship.
- Only INR university students can apply for this program.
- Selection will be done on the basis of GOC round, and the skills in your resume and other application material submitted.
- Only selected scholars will need to submit a recommendation letter.
- All applications must be submitted in Google Docs, or .doc format.
- There will be no extensions on the application deadline.
- All Google Scholarship review processes are administered in English.
Eligibility/ Who can apply?
- Students who are already using computer science to develop solutions for some of the challenges, or opportunities, that they see around them are invited to apply for the Venkat Panchapakesan Memorial Scholarship.
- This scholarship is exclusively for Computer Science students who are enrolled as an undergraduate student in a college/university in India, for the current academic year.
- Previous applicants can re-apply. Previous recipients of any Google scholarships are not eligible to reapply, including the Venkat Panchapakesan Memorial Scholarship, are not eligible to apply.
- Last date to apply for submitting and filling the application August 14th, 2022.
- On October 15th 2022, google will launch a virtual meet regarding the scholarship.
- The GOC Round will be conducted on August 27th, 2022.
- Meet and Greets with finalists: September 26th-30th, 202
Must Know: If your application passes the eligibility requirements, you will be invited to participate in Google’s Online Challenge (GOC) scheduled on Saturday 27th August 2022 (9am IST – 9pm IST).
- Resume, it should be within the format and must include relevant leadership skills i.e. teaching, tutoring, lecturing, mentoring, organizing summits, conferences or workshops, hackathons.
- Application in the form of google doc.
- Recommendation letter (only selected scholars)
How To Apply?
For Submitting the application, CLICK HERE
For details on how to upload and share your files to “anyone with the link” CLICK HERE.
For official notice of google CLICK HERE