Object Process Methodology (OPM) for MBSE
Learn how engineers can logically describe the systems they are designing. We do this using Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE).
The big ideas we explore are:
- Systems Engineering enables the successful realization, use and retirement of engineered systems.
- Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) enables us to do Systems Engineering by utilizing a consistent model of our system.
- To make a model we need:
1. Purpose(s) 2. Methodology(ies); 3. Language(s); 4. Tool(s)
- OPM is an example of a conceptual modeling language
- OPM describes a system with both a diagram and text simultaneously
- Key building blocks of OPM are:
Objects, Processes & States
- We then link these things together
Who this course is for:
- Anyone wanting to learn how engineers logically design technical products.
- Anyone with an interest in Systems.
- Anyone with an interest in Systems Engineering.
- Anyone with an interest in Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE).
- Anyone with an interest in Object Process Methodology (OPM).
- Anyone wanting to learn new languages and ways of communicating.