What you’ll learn
- Mutual Funds Marketplace
- Investment products features and returns
- Ethics, Compliance and Mutual Fund Regulations
- Tax saving and retirement objectives
- Economic principles affecting investments
- Modern Mutual Fund, Conservative Mutual Funds, Riskier Mutual Funds
- Investment Portfolios
- Overview of the Canadian Financial Marketplace
This course includes:
- 8.5 hours on-demand video
- 18 downloadable resources
- Access on mobile and TV
- Full lifetime access
- Certificate of completion
What is the IFIC Certification?
The IFIC course is a requirement to work in the banking sector in Canada. Once you pass the exam, you are eligible to be registered as a Mutual Fund Representative in a bank. You can advise clients on how to invest their money by recommending suitable mutual funds. Some banks hire candidates without the IFIC and you must pass it within 3-6 months. Others hire only qualified employees.
Can I work from home after passing the IFIC exam and getting hired?
Yes, some companies are providing online client appointments for investment advice. So it is possible to work from home.
Can I work in the back office after completing the IFIC?
If you don’t like sales or want to work in mutual fund and investment processing back-office, it is possible, the pay rate is 17-23 dollars/hr
What’s the pay rate for client-facing jobs with an IFIC certification?
In Canada, for a financial advisor, it could be around 25 to 30 dollars/hr. So on the low end, it could be 50K annually before taxes and deductions. On the high end, you may reach 100K before taxes with bonuses and performance incentives.
How do I enroll in the exam from a provider?
Visit the Canadian Securities Institute or IFSE websites for details. Both IFIC and IFC are equivalent in the banks.
Why should I enroll in your exam preparation course?
The topics in each chapter are explained in an easy-to-understand manner. You will save time and effort by reviewing the videos. You can study at your own pace. The price for the videos is much cheaper than hiring a tutor or attending a seminar.
What is covered in the IFIC Exam preparation course?
These exam preparation videos cover the topics in both the CSI, IFIC/IFC, and IFSE courses
The following topics and chapters are covered in this course:
1. The role of the mutual fund sales representatives.
2. The overview of the Canadian Financial Marketplace.
3. Economic principles.
4. Getting to know the client; how to recommend suitable investments.
5. Behavioral finance – how clients decide what to invest in
6. Tax and retirement planning
7. Types of Investment Products and How They Are Traded
8. Constructing Investment Portfolios
9. Understanding Financial Statements
10. The Modern Mutual Fund
11. Conservative Mutual Fund Products
12. Riskier Mutual Fund Products
13. Alternative Manages Products
14. Understanding Mutual Fund Performance
15. Selecting a Mutual Fund
16. Mutual Fund Fees and Services
17. Mutual Fund Dealer Regulation
18. Applying Ethical Standards to What You Have Learned
The videos are narrated with PDF summary slides that describe the topics in an easy-to-understand manner. The reference book is 444 pages and has a lot of detail. This summary of the course focuses on the main aspects that are expected in the exam, as well as the knowledge that is required to provide clients with a high level of knowledge and experience.
The trade-marks AFP, BCO, CSI, CSC, CPH, DFOL, FP1, FP2, FPSU, IFC, NEC, OLC, PFP, PFSA, WME, Wealth Management Essentials, Branch Compliance Officer, Canadian Securities Course, Conduct, and Practices Handbook Course, Investment Fund in Canada, New Entrants Course, Wealth Management Essentials, Personal Financial Services Advice Reading, Financial Planning 1, Financial Planning 2, Financial Planning Supplement, Applied Financial Planning, and Personal Financial Planner are owned by the Canadian Securities Institute (CSI). The Canadian Securities Institute (CSI) does not sponsor, license, or necessarily recommend these notes and study material for any of its courses. Dazia Consulting Inc. is an independent supplier of educational services. Exam preparation materials are not sponsored by any other industry organization.
Who this course is for:
- Enrolled in the IFIC exam in Canada
- Enrolled though CSI or IFSE
How to Get this course FREE?
Get a 100% Discount On Udemy Paid Courses by clicking on the Apply Here Button. This Course coupon code is automatically added to the Apply Here Button.
Note: The udemy Courses Will be free for a Maximum of 1000 Learners can use the promo code AND Get this course 100% Free. After that, you will get this course at a discounted price. (Still, It’s a good deal for you to get this course at a discounted price).
External links may contain affiliate links, meaning we get a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Read our disclosure.