What you’ll learn
- Identify the unique features of both QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Desktop, understanding their key differences.
- Examine the context in which one version might be preferred over the other, depending on specific accounting needs.
- Master the navigation of both QuickBooks Online and Desktop, getting acquainted with their respective interfaces and features.
- Analyze transactions using a transactional analysis approach, categorizing them into vendor, customer, and employee accounting cycles for both versions.
- Study each cycle’s data input forms in both versions, comprehending their impact on financial statements and related reports.
- Establish a new company file in both QuickBooks Online and Desktop, mastering foundational components like the chart of accounts, service items, revenue items,
- Execute common transactions over a span of two months in both versions, understanding the different workflows and their impacts on financial statements and repo
- Conduct bank reconciliations in both versions, grasping the procedures using sample bank statements and understanding the integration of bank feeds.
- Apply bank rules efficiently for effective incorporation of banking transactions into both QuickBooks Online and Desktop.
- Generate and apply adjusting entries at the month or year-end in both versions, aligning financial statement reports to their accounting basis.
- Discover various accounting bases such as accrual, cash, or tax basis and how they are managed in QuickBooks Online and Desktop.
- Contrast the pros and cons of QuickBooks Online vs QuickBooks Desktop, justifying the choice of accounting software for specific tasks based on their functional
- Develop a comprehensive skill set to expertly navigate and utilize both QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Desktop for a variety of accounting tasks and scenarios
- Integrate the knowledge acquired to choose the right version of QuickBooks (Online or Desktop) to optimize usage in real-world accounting scenarios.
- Reflect on the benefits and limitations of each version, contributing to a more informed decision-making process in choosing between QuickBooks Online and Deskt
- Demonstrate proficiency in both QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Desktop by resolving complex accounting problems using the respective software.
This course includes:
- 132.5 hours on-demand video
- 4 articles
- 411 downloadable resources
- Access on mobile and TV
- Full lifetime access
- Certificate of completion
This comprehensive course is designed to guide you through a comparative study of QuickBooks Online vs QuickBooks Desktop, providing you with a robust understanding of both platforms.
The course begins by introducing you to both QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Desktop, explaining their unique features, their differences, and the context in which one might be preferred over the other. Each segment is designed to offer a side-by-side exploration of the two versions, providing you with a complete picture of their functionalities.
As we delve into the intricacies of the platforms, you will understand how to navigate both the QuickBooks Online and Desktop versions. You’ll also identify the relationship between data input and the resultant financial statements and related reports in both versions.
We utilize a transactional analysis approach, categorizing transactions into accounting cycles: the vendor cycle, customer cycle, and employee cycle. This way, you can examine each cycle’s data input forms and their impact on financial statements and related reports in both QuickBooks Online and Desktop.
Setting up a new company file is a crucial learning step, so we demonstrate how to master foundational accounting system components like the chart of accounts, service items, revenue items, and starting balances in both versions.
We guide you through entering a variety of common transactions over two months in both QuickBooks Online and Desktop, helping you understand the different workflows and impacts of each version on financial statements and related reports.
We cover important areas such as bank reconciliations, a critical part of ensuring financial integrity. You’ll learn how to reconcile using sample bank statements and understand how to connect to the bank, download and incorporate bank data into the accounting system in both versions.
The course also explores adjusting entries, essential for aligning financial statement reports to their accounting basis at the month or year-end. You’ll understand how to handle various accounting bases like accrual, cash, or tax basis in both QuickBooks Online and Desktop.
This course promises a comprehensive, in-depth exploration of QuickBooks Online and Desktop, allowing you to make an informed decision about which software best suits your needs. It’s not just about picking one over the other; it’s about understanding the potential of both platforms to enhance your accounting efficiency.
How to Get this course FREE?
Get a 100% Discount On Udemy Paid Courses by clicking on the Apply Here Button. This Course coupon code is automatically added to the Apply Here Button.
Note: The udemy Courses Will be free for a Maximum of 1000 Learners can use the promo code AND Get this course 100% Free. After that, you will get this course at a discounted price. (Still, It’s a good deal for you to get this course at a discounted price).
External links may contain affiliate links, meaning we get a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Read our disclosure.