Coursera scholarship opportunities for both undergraduate and postgraduate students. These scholarships aim to improve access to quality education for students interested in careers in finance, marketing, management, and accounting, among other fields. The scholarships are competitive and cover up to 70% of a student’s full tuition. In addition to scholarships, Coursera also offers tuition reimbursement programs, financial aid for graduate and professional degree students, and online degree programs conferred by accredited institutions. The application deadline for these opportunities is December 15, 2023.
Also, Read: Master Python using ChatGPT – (Free Course)
Table of Contents
About the Coursera
Coursera is a U.S.-based massive open online course provider founded in 2012 by Stanford University computer science professors Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller. Coursera works with universities and other organizations to offer online courses, certifications, and degrees in a variety of subjects. In 2023 more than 275+ universities and companies offer more than 4,000 courses through Coursera
Coursera was founded in 2012 by Stanford University computer science professors Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller. Ng and Koller started offering their Stanford courses online in the fall of 2011, and soon after left Stanford to launch Coursera. Princeton, Stanford, the University of Michigan, and the University of Pennsylvania were the first universities to offer content on the platform.
In 2014 Coursera received both the Webby Winner (Websites and Mobile Sites Education 2014) and the People’s Voice Winner (Websites and Mobile Sites Education) awards.
In March 2021, Coursera filed for an IPO. The nine-year-old company brought in roughly $293 million in revenue for the fiscal year ended December 31 — a 59% growth rate from 2019, according to the filing. Net losses widened by roughly $20 million yearly, reaching $66.8 million in 2020. Coursera spent $107 million on marketing in 2020.
About the Coursera Scholarship
Coursera Scholarship 2023 is an initiative by L’Oréal India to support ambitious underprivileged youth with learning content, in order to upskill them on critical skills for the future. The second edition of Coursera Scholarship, a PAN India initiative, seeks to prepare and empower youngsters with the requisite acumen and versatility to meet the dynamic and ever-evolving demands posed by a diverse spectrum of industries and domains, effectively bridging the transition from academic pursuits to professional ones.
The eligible applicants of this program will get the opportunity to:
Attend online upskilling webinars by industry experts
Get access to 34 free courses on Coursera
Receive one-to-one mentorship from L’Oréal professionals
Applicants must be within the age group of 18-30 years
They should be pursuing ITI diploma, vocational courses, under-graduation and post-graduation courses*
Or must have been employed following their graduation or post-graduation from a college or university that is not included on the NIRF List. Such candidates ought to have no more than 5 years** of work experience.
The family income of the applicant must be less than INR 8 Lakh (from all sources)
The program is open for students across PAN India
*Preference will be given to students who are currently in their final and pre-final years of graduation or post-graduation. This means –
Students in the second or third year of a 3-year course
Or, students in the third or fourth year of a 4-year course
Or, students in the fourth or fifth year of a 5-year combined bachelor’s and master’s degree course
Or, students in the second year of a two-year master’s degree course
**If the applicant has worked before or during the course of their graduation or post-graduation, their work experience must not exceed 5 years.
Coursera’s Recruitment 2023 Benefits
- Opportunity to participate in elaborate online upskilling webinars/workshops, to be conducted by industry experts. The program encompasses a diverse range of essential topics, including:
– Professional networking, personal branding & Interview Skills
– Resume Building
– Time Management
– Communication skills
– And a variety of other exciting subjects
– *A 3-month-long free-of-cost unlimited access to 34 courses on Coursera, a learning platform with more than 5,800 courses, professional certificates, and degrees from universities and companies all around the world
– *Exclusive one-to-one mentorship sessions from industry experts at L’Oréal India
- An applicant who successfully attends the online upskilling webinar/s will be required to clear a merit-based test to be selected for one-to-one mentorship with a L’Oréal professional and for unlimited 3-month-long access to 34 courses on Coursera.
- Insight into the Coursera courses that the selected beneficiaries will get access to –
– 11 courses on Essential Digital, e-Commerce, and Data Skills
– 14 courses on People Skills & Essential Business Skills
– 5 courses on Sustainability Skills
– 4 courses on Business English proficiency
Step 1: Registration
- To become a participant in the program, prospective students are required to initiate the application process through the designated application link provided on the program’s official webpage.
Step 2: Test
- The applicants will have to appear for a merit-based test, which will be conducted periodically. Applicants are encouraged to select a test date that aligns with their schedule.
Step 3: Access to 34 Coursera courses for 3 months
- Upon the final selection, which will be determined based on the candidate’s performance in the merit-based test and their fulfillment of the eligibility criteria listed below, the candidate shall receive the three-month long access to 34 courses on Coursera
Step 4: Mentoring
Some students will also be given the opportunity for one-on-one mentoring by L’Oréal professionals.
Proof of Identity along with age proof document (Aadhaar Card, Voter’s ID Card, Driving Licence, etc.)
Family Income Proof (Form 16A, salary slips or income certificate, etc.)
Identity Proof (Aadhaar Card/Voter ID Card/Passport/Driving License/PAN card)
Marksheet of Recent Qualifying Examination
Proof of Admission/document to state the course student is pursuing (College/Institution ID Card/Admission Fee Receipt, etc.)
How To Apply?
Click on the below button to apply for the Coursera Scholarship
Watch this video to know more about this scholarship