What you’ll learn
- 2nd Course of Getting Started with Microservices using Clean Architecture
- Building IdentityServer4 Authentication Microservice
- Protecting API with Using IdentityServer4 OAuth 2.0 and JWT Token
- Learn how to implement claim based authorization
- Learn how to secure Microservices with JWT Bearer Token
- Securing Ocelot API Gateway with Bearer Token
- Learn how to handle cross cutting concerns
- Learn how to apply Machine to Machine Flow
- Learn how to implement Open Id Flow
- Learn how to implement Authorize Filters
- Learn how to secure Microservices to Microservices communication
This course includes:
- 2.5 hours on-demand video
- Access on mobile and TV
- Full lifetime access
- Certificate of completion
Welcome to “Securing Microservices using Identity Server 4” – second edition of Microservices Learning Series. The ultimate course for developers who want to learn how to build scalable, efficient, and robust Microservices using the .Net Core platform along with Docker, Kubernetes, Identity Server 4, Rabbit MQ, Angular 15, GRPC, Istio Service Mesh, SQL Server, MongoDB, PostGreSQL, Redis, Ocelot, Nginx, Azure, Helm Charts, and Auto Scale.
In this comprehensive course, you’ll gain hands-on experience with Docker and Kubernetes to deploy and manage your Microservices. You’ll learn how to integrate Identity Server 4 for secure authentication and authorization, Rabbit MQ for messaging, and GRPC for efficient communication between Microservices.
You’ll also learn how to use Istio Service Mesh to manage Microservices traffic, and how to configure and optimize SQL Server, MongoDB, PostGreSQL, and Redis for your Microservices. You’ll use Ocelot and Nginx to manage your Microservices API gateway and deploy your Microservices to Azure using Helm Charts.
By the end of this course, you’ll have a solid understanding of how to design, develop, and deploy Microservices using the latest industry-standard tools and practices, including auto-scaling.
Who Should Take This Course?
- Freshers who want to learn how to build scalable and efficient systems using Microservices architecture.
- Junior Developers who are looking to level up their skills and gain experience building real-world Microservices applications.
- Mid-Level Developers who want to learn how to build and deploy Microservices using the latest industry-standard tools and practices.
- Senior Developers who are looking to stay ahead of the curve and keep their skills up-to-date with the latest trends and technologies.
- Software Architects who want to learn how to design and develop scalable, distributed, and fault-tolerant systems using Microservices.
- Technical Leads who want to gain a deeper understanding of Microservices architecture and lead their teams in building scalable and efficient systems.
Welcome to the Identity Server 4 course, the second course in our Microservices series! This course builds on the foundational knowledge you gained in our first course, “Creating .Net Core Microservices using Clean Architecture“, and focuses specifically on implementing secure Authentication and Authorization for your Microservices using Identity Server 4.
Identity Server 4 is a powerful and highly extensible open source framework that provides a complete solution for managing authentication and authorization in modern web applications and APIs. In this course, you will learn how to use Identity Server 4 to secure your microservices by implementing features such as:
- User Authentication using popular identity providers such as Google, Facebook, and Twitter
- User Authorization based on roles and claims
- Integration with your existing user database or user management system
- Secure token-based authentication using JSON Web Tokens (JWT)
- Secure communication between Microservices using client credentials and access tokens
Throughout this course, you will work on a practical project that will guide you through the entire process of integrating Identity Server 4 into your Microservices architecture. You will learn how to configure Identity Server 4, integrate it with your Microservices, and implement secure authentication and Authorization using the OAuth 2.0 and OpenID Connect protocols.
By the end of this course, you will have a solid understanding of how to use Identity Server 4 to implement secure Authentication and Authorization for your Microservices. You will also be able to apply these concepts to your own projects and take your Microservices architecture to the next level.
Enroll now and take the next step in your Microservices journey with the Identity Server 4 course!
Disclaimer:- Assuming you have already completed the prerequisite courses listed below in bold letters, as this course cannot be taken as a stand-alone course. Without the foundational knowledge and skills provided in those courses, you may struggle with understanding the API setup and overall flow of the course.
1. Getting Started with Microservices using Clean Architecture
2. Securing Microservices using Identity Server 4 (Current Course)
(Next Courses of this series)
3. Implementing Cross Cutting Concerns
4. Versioning Microservices
5. Building Angular Application for MicroServices
6. Deploying Microservices to Kubernetes and AKS
IDE Required:- You can either use Visual Studio or JetBrains Rider, or VS Code itself.
In this edition you will learn below topics:
- Architecture Overview
- Branching Strategy
- Securing Catalog and Basket Microservice
- Installing Identity Server Templates
- Identity Server project creation
- Adding Test User
- Modifying Identity Config
- Adding Bearer Token in Catalog
- Open Id Flow
- Securing Catalog Microservice
- Implementing Authorize Filter
- Machine To Machine Flow for Catalog API
- Accessing catalog API using JWT Token
- Securing Basket Microservice
- Create Basket giving 401 Issue
- Fixing Basket Issue
- Securing Service to Service Communication
- Creating Multiple Clients
- Scope Level Authorization
- Setting up Gateway Project
- Scope Access Flow
- Issue with Gateway Client
- Fixing Gateway Issue
- Issue with Create Basket
- Fixing HTTPS Issue with Create Basket
- Setting up Nginx Gateway
- Nginx Template Creation
- Docker Compose Changes
- Startup changes in Identity Server
- Issue with Nginx Setup
- Nginx Bad Gateway Issue
- Host file changes
- Generate Cert
- Installing Pfx
- Modified Nginx Conf and Docker file
- Certificate not getting trusted in Key Chain
- Certificate Validated in Key Chain
- More Docker Changes
- More Startup Changes
- Swagger Demo and Exercise
- Bonus Section
- Bonus Lecture
How to Get this course FREE?
Get a 100% Discount On Udemy Paid Courses by clicking on the Apply Here Button. This Course coupon code is automatically added to the Apply Here Button.
Note: The udemy Courses Will be free for a Maximum of 1000 Learners can use the promo code AND Get this course 100% Free. After that, you will get this course at a discounted price. (Still, It’s a good deal for you to get this course at a discounted price).
External links may contain affiliate links, meaning we get a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Read our disclosure.