Hello folks!IIRS & ISRO have collaborated again for providing one new free certification course on satellite sensing through their recently launched course Satellite Remote Sensing of Atmosphere so stay connected to know more about this course until the post is over.
Tables of Content
- About IIRS & ISRO
- Curriculum of this course
- About IIRS & ISRO free Certification course
- Schedule of this Course
- How to Pre-register for this course?
About IIRS & ISRO
The Indian Institute of Remote Sensing, established in 1966 by the Indian Department of Space, is a leading institute for research, higher education, and training in the fields of remote sensing, geoinformatics, and GPS technology for natural resources, environmental, and disaster management.
The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) is India’s national space organization, located in Bengaluru and directed by the Prime Minister of India. The Chairman of ISRO also serves as the executive of the Department of Space.
About IIRS & ISRO free Certification course
This course will provide an overview on retrieval of atmospheric parameters from satellite observations, fog monitoring, rainfall monitoring using VIS/IR and MW sensors, types of air pollutants, air pollution episodes,
monitoring of air pollution plume, tracking of tropical cyclone etc. The course is therefore of special interest for the professionals, researchers and students interested in learning utility of satellite observations in atmospheric studies.
Curriculum of this course
- Overview on retrieval techniques of atmospheric
- parameters using satellite data
- Satellite monitoring of Rainfall from VIS/IR and MW sensors
- Satellite Remote Sensing for fog retrieval and monitoring
- Application of Satellite observations for tropical cyclone monitoring
- Satellite monitoring of particulate matter
- Monitoring of gaseous air pollutants from satellite observations
Schedule of this Course
- 11-07-2022(16.00Hrs-17.30Hrs) – Satellite monitoring of Rainfall from VIS/IR and MW sensors
- 12-07-2022(16.00Hrs-17.30Hrs) –Satellite Remote Sensing for fog retrieval and monitoring
- 13-07-2022(16.00Hrs-17.30Hrs) –Application of Satellite observations for tropical cyclone monitoring
- 14-07-2022(16.00Hrs-17.30Hrs) –Satellite based monitoring of gaseous air pollutants
- 15-07-2022(16.00Hrs-17.30Hrs) –Satellite based monitoring of atmospheric Aerosols
How to Pre-register for this course?
Interested students first go to the educate registration page and then complete the processes by following the steps below:-
- Candidates must submit their full name, email address, and password in order to register.
- Applicants must click on the link in their email to activate their accounts.
- The application will be accessible for selection to the institute(if you are pursuing any degree please ensure to apply through Registration Through IIRS Nodal Center mode and otherwise select the individual registration option )after the account is activated and the email is configured.
- Applicants will receive a registration number as a web page display and an email message after successfully submitting an application.
- After successfully completing an application, applicants will receive a registration number as a web page display and an email message.
- If you applied through the IIRS Nodal Center mode and received a registration number by mail, contact the IIRS faculty coordinator at your institute and ask him to accept your application before 2-3 days of the course.
- All confirmed participants will get an email with their IIRS e-class platform access credentials.
- Applicants with a “Not Approved” application status will be recognized as Learners and will be allowed to watch the sessions live on YouTube.
To apply for the IIRS & ISRO launched Free Certification Course Satellite Remote Sensing of Atmosphere CLICK HERE
To view the official notification for the IIRS & ISRO launched Free Certification Course Satellite Remote Sensing of Atmosphere CLICK HERE