Hello everyone! A fantastic opportunity for everyone as IIT Bombay is back with IIT Bombay Research Internship Awards to provide internship opportunities related to fields of engineering as well as other fields-related internship opportunities so remains with us until the end of the post to know more about this special awards.
Also read: Online Internships for Students | Part-Time Work From home | Subject Expert Engineering Internship
About IIT Bombay
The Indian Institute of Technology Bombay is a public research university and technical institute in Powai, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. IIT Bombay was founded in 1958. In 1961, the Parliament decreed IITs as Institutes of National Importance. In 2022 NIRF placed IIT Bombay as the third-best institution in India.
About IIT Bombay Research Internship Awards
IIT Bombay Research Internship Awards is launched for providing internship opportunities to students belonging to fields:
- Aerospace Engineering
- Biosciences, and Bioengineering
- Centre for Technology Alternatives for Rural Areas (CTARA)
- Chemical Engineering, Chemistry
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Earth Sciences
- Electrical Engineering
- Energy Science and Engineering Environmental Science and Engineering Department (ESED)
- Humanities & Social Sciences IDC School of Design
- Interdisciplinary Program in Climate Studies
- Interdisciplinary program in Educational Technology
- Interdisciplinary program in Systems & Control Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering & Materials Science
- SJM School of Management
Also read: Google Launched Winter Internship| Software Engineering Intern Winter 2023| Paid Internship for College Students
Eligibility Criteria for IIT Bombay Research Internship Awards
- A Candidate should be in the Second year of a Masters’s program, or the third/fourth year of a bachelor’s program. The branch/discipline of study will be as per the project requirements specified by IIT Bombay Faculty (Internship Guide).
- Applicant should be among the top 10% in all the previous years in your discipline in the College / University / Institute. At the time of application, a certificate to this effect from the Principal (in the prescribed format) must be provided.
- Duration of internship four to six months between December and June
- Applicant should be a full-time student while applying and till the completion of the Internship. You may submit a partial project report before (e.g., in April) the completion of the Internship (e.g., in June) if the academic calendar of your College / Institute / University requires you to do so, with the prior consent of the Internship Guide.
- A Candidate should be able to work full-time for the Internship. A part-time internship is not allowed. A certificate to the effect that there are no coursework requirements during the internship period has to be submitted at the time of applying.
Start date of application
Last date for application
Dates for Interview
Joining of Internship
1st August 2022
30th August 2022
1st October 2022 – 10th October 2022
1st December 2022 – 8th January 2023
- The selection procedure consists of a preliminary screening of applications, followed by a test/ interview.
- Selection depends upon consistently brilliant academic performance (relative rank in the class/University), work carried out by the student besides his regular academic work, participation/recognition in competitions such as Techfest, Olympiads, and National Talent Search Exams, and performance in the interview.
How to apply?
To apply for IIT Bombay Research Internship Awards CLICK HERE
Please CLICK HERE in order to view the official notification of the IIT Bombay Research Internship Awards
To see IIT Bombay Research Internship Awards’ project list and its details CLICK HERE
Also read: Google Announced Summer Internship | Software Engineering Intern, Summer 2023
Required Steps for applying
- It is mandatory to register before filling out the application form.
- After clicking on the above link kindly click on the “New Applicants register here.”
- To register, fill out the required fields
- Login to fill out the application form with your new username and password.
- Please click on the last line mentioning IITB RESEARCH INTERNSHIP AWARDS 2022-23 (Please do not use this link for Position under Project given on the Job Opportunities page)
Things to remember
- Uploading your statement of purpose (500 Characters) describing your interest in research and how diversity and this opportunity would advance your goals.
- Applications for internships must be accompanied by a statement of purpose answering questions such as:
- Why is an applicant interested in a particular project?
- What specific background, skills, and experience does an applicant have for the project?
- What is the applicant’s long-term career plan?
- What role does this project play in it?
- What role does an internship at IITB play in the career plan?
- This list is only illustrative and the applicants are encouraged to think beyond these questions while writing their statement of purpose.
Also read: Free Microsoft AI Fundamentals Certification Courses| Especially for Indian Students |Apply by 31 August 2022