The Mitacs Globalink Research Internship 2024: Gain Valuable Research Experience in Canada is a fully-funded program that provides international students with the opportunity to conduct research in Canada. The internship is open to students from over 150 countries and can be completed in a variety of fields, including science, engineering, social sciences, and the humanities.
The internship is 12 weeks long and can be held at any Canadian university or research institute. Interns are matched with mentors who are experts in their field and receive a stipend to cover living expenses.
Table of Contents
Mitacs Globalink Research Internship is a competitive initiative for international undergraduates from the following countries and regions: Australia, Brazil, Chile, China, Colombia, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Mexico, Pakistan, South Korea, Taiwan, Tunisia, Ukraine, United Kingdom and the United States. From May to October of each year, top-ranked applicants participate in a 12-week research internship under the supervision of Canadian university faculty members in a variety of academic disciplines, from science, engineering, and mathematics to the humanities and social sciences.
Eligibility Criteria Of Mitacs Globalink Research Internship 2024
Be at least 18 years of age at the time of application
Be enrolled in a full-time undergraduate or combined undergraduate/master’s program at an eligible institution (see list of eligible institutions by country)
Have one to three semesters remaining in their program as of fall 2024 (see requirement by country)
Meet the grade requirements for their country of study (see GPA requirements for each international partner)
Apply to a minimum of three and a maximum of seven projects and ensure selections are from at least three different Canadian provinces
Be fluent in the oral and written language of the project (English and/or French)
Be available to complete an internship lasting 12 consecutive weeks between May 1 and October 31
Not have been awarded a Globalink Research Internship project in the past.
Mitacs encourages you to start working on the following items before the call opens:
- Review all eligibility criteria: in addition to the general GRI requirements, there may be specific eligibility criteria for each country and international partner organization
- Confirm that your passport issued by your home country is valid until at least January 2025. (You are welcome to submit an application if you don’t currently have a valid passport. However, you will need to provide valid passport information if your application is approved).
- Obtain a reference letter from a professor. Please download the reference letter instructions. All reference letters must follow the instructions provided.
- Update your CV: You can submit your own CV or download the Mitacs template
- Obtain your academic transcripts (in either English or French). If your university or institution cannot provide transcripts in either language, you are responsible for getting them translated and notarized. Transcripts must be included in your application. Only university transcripts will be considered. Please do not submit your high school transcripts.
- English or French language proficiency tests may be required for some countries. Please check your country’s details for more information.
In the application, you will also be asked about:
Your academic discipline, program, and other educational information
Your research interests, skills, and achievements
Your reasons for pursuing research in Canada.
A 12-week internship that increases your knowledge of and explores hands-on research in your field of study
Work under the supervision of outstanding faculty members, with graduate students and research associates
Access to Canada’s unique research landscape: applied, dynamic, and innovative
A rewarding experience combining academic research at a Canadian university, professional skills development courses and social activities
A chance for you to explore your independence and gain international experience in a new country
The opportunity to connect with potential graduate supervisors should you be interested in returning to Canada for graduate studies with a Mitacs Globalink Graduate Fellowship
Be available to complete a 12 consecutive week internship. Being available for only 10 consecutive weeks is acceptable but may reduce your chances of being successfully matched.
The start date must be between May 1st and July 31st.
How To Apply?
To apply, please visit the Mitacs Globalink website and then Click Here