Hello friends! If you are keenly interested in doing an internship with govt certification then we have great news for you as the NCGG Internship Program is launched to provide internships in different fields like E-governance, Education, Sustainability, etc. so stay with us to know in detail about this initiative until the end of the post.
Table of Contents
The Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions oversees the National Centre for Good Governance (NCGG), an autonomous entity at the highest level established by the Indian government in 2014. The Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration (LBSNAA), the premier civil services training institution of the Government of India, founded the National Institute of Administrative Research (NIAR) in 1995, which is where the Centre got its start. After that, NIAR was renamed and absorbed into NCGG.
Info About NCGG Internship Program
This is a brief engagement (minimum 8 weeks, maximum 6 months) of “selected students” with several departments and divisions of the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions, Government of India’s National Centre for Good Governance. The participation is only intended to be temporary to empower Indians by exposing them to a variety of topics linked to public policy and governance and including them in potential solutions to overcome obstacles to citizen-centric governance. Interns do not have the right to look for full-time work with the Centre after being accepted into the internship program. A certain domain or topic may be delegated to interns to work on.
- All Indian students studying abroad or in India can apply for the internship scheme.
- Students who have completed their undergraduate degrees and are pursuing graduate degrees, post-graduate diplomas, and advanced degrees are eligible to apply for internships. These students may want to intern as part of their curriculum for a dissertation or capstone project, or they may be waiting to receive their degree certificates following their appearance in their final exam within the same academic year.
- In their last year of graduation, students participating in 4- or 5-year programs in engineering and law are also eligible to apply for the internship.
- At the time of application, the candidate’s age cannot exceed thirty.
- A letter of recommendation from the applicant’s university or other educational institution must be uploaded.
Duration of NCGG Internship Program
Typically, the length of the internship must be at least 8 weeks and no longer than 6 months to be successful and qualify for an experience certificate.
Domains of Internship
- Public Policy & Governance
- Decentralized planning
- Public service delivery
- Laws & regulations
- Rural Development & Poverty Elimination
- Water, sanitation, hygiene & public health
- Governance in Healthcare
- Disaster resilience infrastructure and disaster mitigation
- Sustainable urban management and urban governance
- Infrastructure Development
- Innovation & entrepreneurship
- Water resource management & river rejuvenation
- Climate change, environment & clean energy
- Tribal affairs
- Monitoring, data analytics & evaluation
- Project planning, designing, management & monitoring
- Natural resources, environment, and Forests
- Mass communication and social media
- Any other subject relevant to public policy, good governance, public service delivery, etc.
On the advice of the intern’s supervisor and the evaluation committee, the Centre will award a certificate attesting to the intern’s successful completion of the internship.
During their allotted internship duration, each intern will receive a combined stipend/honorarium at a rate of INR 10,000 per month, prorated based on progress in the assignment. Nothing further needs to be paid for.
A certificate regarding the successful completion of the internship shall be issued by the Centre on the recommendation of the evaluation committee and supervisor of the intern.
Termination of Internship
The selection to the internship program at NCGG is strictly within the domain of the Centre and only upon meeting the necessary eligibility criteria mentioned in this document. The Centre may terminate the internship of any intern at any point as it deems fit, without assigning any reason and the decision of the Centre in this regard shall be final. Any intern may choose to terminate the internship by giving a prior notice of one week to the respective supervisor.
How to apply?
Click on the below button to apply to the NCGG Internship Program
To view the notification of the NCGG Internship Program CLICK HERE