ISRO Advanced Geospatial Technologies for Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) Course is an amazing opportunity for students where they can learn about remote sensing & Geographic Information systems. The students will also get to learn various technologies.
To learn more about the course stay hooked on our post for more information
Also Read: Cisco Cyber Security Virtual Internships | Government Free Internships | Apply by 23 May 2022
About ISRO Advanced Geospatial Technologies for Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) Course
Natural disasters are becoming more frequent and intense across the globe. Enhancing resilience to increasing hazards, exposure, and vulnerability, therefore, requires leveraging advanced geospatial technologies for better
disaster mitigation and management. With continuous improvements in satellite data sensor acquisition parameters together with geo-computational approaches, geospatial technologies have emerged as the most powerful technology for all phases of disaster management. The course on advanced geospatial technologies for Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) is scheduled from April 18 – 29, 2022.
Also Read: Paytm Internship in Operations Associate | Apply Now
- Overview of remote sensing & Geographic Information System
- Application of satellite communication technology for disaster mitigation
- Overview of UAV for disaster monitoring and mitigation
- Emerging geo computation, online GIS & Geo-web services for DRR
- Advanced application of Geospatial Technologies for Geological Hazards, Hydrological Hazards, Forest Fire Hazards, Drought Hazards, Coastal Hazards, Atmospheric & Pollution Hazards.
Also Read: NITK Summer Research Internship Programme | Get Stipend Rs.5000/- per month
Who can Apply
The course is designed for professionals from the Central / State Govt. / Private Organizations / NGOs engaged in geospatial data analysis related to research and projects; students and researchers aligned to research in Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR).
Also Read: IIT Bombay FOSSEE Summer Fellowship 2022 | Apply Now
Familiarization with Basics of Remote Sensing and GIS.
Also Read: IIM Shillong Internship Opportunity at Dr. Kalam Centre | Get Stipend Rs.25000/-
There is no course fee for attending this program.
Also Read: Summer Internships Offered IIIT-Delhi 2022 | Various Projects |Get 5K Stipend
Awards and Certificate
- All the participants who attend 70% of sessions of the course live via the e-class portal.
- Participants who attend course sessions via the IIRS YouTube channel should mark their attendance via offline sessions available after 24 hrs
Also Read: Excel Skills for Business | Virtual Experience Program | Goldman Sachs
How to Register for ISRO Advanced Geospatial Technologies for Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) Course?
To register for the course CLICK HERE
Also Read: Free Google Career Certificate Courses in 2022 | Get 100% Scholarship on any Courses