IIM Shillong has introduced an Internship Opportunity at Dr. Kalam Centre. where you can get a good stipend by working for 1-3 months. The reason is here you will work on research, consultancy, project development, knowledge dissemination exercises, policy analysis, etc. Here is something that might excite you – this internship is in both modes online and offline.
To know more about it stay hooked onto the post for more information.
About IIM Shillong Internship Opportunity at Dr. Kalam Centre
The Dr. Kalam Centre internship Programme offers students and recent graduates the opportunity to gain direct practical experience with Dr. Kalam Centre’s work on research, consultancy, project development, knowledge dissemination exercises, policy analysis, etc.
The interns will be engaged for a short duration for 1 – 3 months on the ongoing projects of the center. The interns are desired to work under the team and support in research activities and any other activities related to the center’s execution plan.
Interested candidates may apply throughout the year and the center may consider the application on a need basis as and when arises.
To be considered as an intern, you must meet the following desired criterias:
- A Graduate/Post Graduate or enrolled for Post graduate course in any College/University of India
- Have excellent academic record throughout his/her career
- Have attained 18 years of age
- Must be a citizen of India
- Language proficiency in English & Hindi (Proficiency in local vernacular of north east will be an add on)
- Willingness to travel and work beyond 9:00am to 5:00pm.
- The Centre authorities will further scrutinize all online applications in order to select eligible candidates.
- The maximum number of interns for Internship at any given time will be (6). With the permission of the Centre Authorities, this number may be relaxed. The authorities’ decision on a candidate’s suitability as an intern shall be final and binding.
- The selected candidates may be asked to submit a soft copy of their NOC from their Head of College/University/Department with sufficient time before the Centre issues the offer letter. It must also be stated in the NOC that the student will not be registered for any course
that requires his/her attendance in class during the internship period.
- The original NOC issued by the college/institution should be submitted at the time of joining, and the original documents should be used to verify his/her eligibility. If there is any discrepancy, the Centre will cancel the candidate’s candidacy.
- Depending on the number of applications received, the Centre reserves the right to set the eligibility criteria, limit the number of applicants who will be called for a specific period, and decide on the mode of screening.
- At the end of each assignment, interns will have to submit a brief report/paper to the Centre, and at the end of the internship, interns will be required to submit a brief note on their learning experiences.
Steps to Apply
- Interested candidates may send their CV and a covering letter expressing their interest to work as intern to [email protected] with the subject “Internship at Dr Kalam Centre”.
- Interested candidates may apply throughout the year. However, selection will be purely based on need based as and when arises.
- Applicants must specify their area of interest and willingness to take up any challenge during their intern period.
- Internship opportunity will get only once to a candidate.
- Applicants who do not meet the eligibility requirements will have their applications rejected.
- At the time of joining, the selected applicant must present original mark sheets and NOC from the college/institution, or his/her candidature will be cancelled.
- A reference letter from the head of the institution of the present institutions
- The Centre will have the authority to waive any of the above-mentioned conditions in the case of a highly deserving candidate.
Note: The prescribed essential qualifications are the minimum and mere possession of the same does not entitle candidates for selection.
- Stipend: The Interns will get a stipend of upto Rs. 25,000/- per month based on qualification, other accomplishment, volunteering etc.
- Non – Stipend: Interns who wish to work online and without fix working hours and target may be considered without stipend
- Duration: Interns shall be for a short duration of 1 month to 3 months.
- Certificate: Candidates who have successfully exhibited their performance as interns will be awarded with a certificate from Dr. Kalam Centre of IIM Shillong
- Logistics & Support: Interns will have their own Laptop. The Centre will provide working space, internet access and other necessities as deemed fit by the Centre. Interns will get to know with TA/DA facility during official tour as per Level – 5.
How to Register Yourself for Internship Opportunity at Dr. Kalam Centre?
For More Details Refer the Doc – CLICK HERE.